Creil [kʁɛj] is a commune in the Oise department in northern France. The Gare de Creil is an important railway junction.
Archaeological remains in the area include a Neolithic site as well as a late Iron Age necropolis, perhaps belonging to a Gaulish fortress or protected camp.
The city itself is mentioned for the first time in a 633 AD document.
The Château de Creil is recorded from the 7th century.
Creil is twinned with:
- Houssen Abderrahmane, footballer
- Simon Banza, footballer
- Jean-François Christophe, footballer
- Fabé Dia, athlete
- Michel Chion, French film theorist and composer of experimental music
- Helene Geoffroy, politician
- Keblack, rapper
- Lynel Kitambala, footballer
- Louis-Gabriel Le Brun, French engineer
- Paccelis Morlende, basketball player
- Communes of the Oise department
- Media related to Creil at Wikimedia Commons
- "Creil" . Encyclopædia Britannica. 7 (11th ed.). 1911.
- Town hall official website (in French)